Subscribe Now!

Thursday 26 December 2013

2013 Christmas; Just another Holiday or ‘Hustle day’?

Jingle bells jingle bells, the bunting, decoration, the lights, the trees, mistletoes, stockings hung by the fire place in anticipation of Santa’s gifts. Waking up in the morning to giftsGift with a bow under the tree, with squeals of joy here and there and groaning and moaning because of unfulfilled wish lists. This is the Christmas fantasy for some people.
But on Wednesday the 25th of December 2013 I had Christmas alright, and I started the day with a mass, where we were celebrating Christ, in the only place where masses are done; Catholic Church! So it was a literal ‘Christ Mass’ for me. I had to trek to Church, which was a stone’s throw away from my house. It was nothing out of the ordinary, the Christmas feeling that pervaded the atmosphere. It was just like a normal Wednesday. A dusty windy morning, littered streets, stores of all kinds were open; boutiques, grocery stores, even hawkers were hawking, then I got close to the market, before the Church, and it was buzzing with all kinds of activities; people were carrying chickens in bags, buying and selling, and I tell you, amongst every other thing there in the market, the main theme was ‘chicken’ and maybe ‘turkey’. There were people buying and selling, killing, and even having to remove the feathers there in the market. ATM machines were crowed, as usual, there is never a time here in broad day light that you wouldn’t see a crowd around an ATM machine except it isn’t paying. I realised that the truth is that life has to go on, money has to be made even on Christmas day, if not you’ll die on boxing day out of hunger lol, okay that’s a jokeWinking smile.

People say; Merry Christmas! And you may not know much about Christmas, but let’s start from the ‘merry’. Christ, came to give us Joy, and no matter how your Christmas goes, or how any other day of your life goes, you have to decide to be more than just happy, but joyful! That’s something, you’re going to have to decide.
Before Christmas day, I had seen a lot of complaints, tweets, statuses and all, and most people were whining that it didn’t feel like Christmas, and that the Christmas atmosphere was lacking, and on and on they went. Even if no one invites you to a party, you throw a party for yourself! I think it was Joyce Meyer that said that. You have to master the art of feeling good. Happiness wears off easily, but one thing that keeps me joyful always, is the gift of Jesus;no matter what season of life you’re in now Storm cloudLightning.  He came to erase the errors of your past and give you a brighter future!SunRainbow That’ more than anything should keep you joyful if, and when indeed you’ve accepted the gift of Jesus, because just like the name implies; Christmas, Christ is the reason for the season, and you are the reason Christ came, and he loves you, He wants you to be happy, and this happiness has nothing to do with people around you, or the the things going around you; Christ wants you to be free, free from guilt, fear, condemnation and despair even uncertainty.
Friend need to accept Jesus today as your Lord and personal Saviour, not because you’ll die tonight but because you have to live tomorrow ~ Rick Warren
The truth is that, you might not have a perfect Christmas, everyday isn’t going to be perfect, but there’s a greater purpose that keeps you going.
And to some of us in the struggle, it seems that we’re having the time of our lives still, and to be honest it’s not easy, but God is the reason why we smile through it all
Whatever Christmas you had, whether it was a holiday, or just another ‘hustle day’ remember that Christ being the reason of the season, He came to give you peace, joy and bliss, just believe in Him if you haven’t with ALL your heart. Say it now;
Jesus, I believe in you, I’m tired of running my life on my own, I need a purpose greater than me, I need peace, I need joy beyond what season I’m in, even in those dark nights, I want to be free, I realise that you’ve been better to me, than I even know how to be to myself. I give my life to you. Take it and do as you please. I trust you with my life. Something I’ve never fully been able to do with anybody else. I know every day won’t be perfect, but you’ll always be there for me!
He has all the answers, look up to Him Pointing up He makes life worth living no matter what season of live you’re in, or how it turns out. He loves you, Jesus loves youRed heart and you have to feel loved through out every season of your life and whatever you pass through. Knowing that someone will always love you, no matter what, can make a whole lot of difference in your life!!! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment